Monday, June 27, 2011

What a big week!!!


Aren't we just so good looking?? haha ;)


This is everyone! The other girl is named Zuluu and she was baptized the same day by the Zone Leaders.


Best buds after the baptism!


Future Missionary! lol


Flower crown at Midsommar! Pretty??


The May pole and lots of people!! It was a blast!

Hej Familj!!!

Well, this week has been crazy! First off we will start with what happened yesterday! Did I hear someone say DOP?!?!? haha Yes, we had a baptism here in Stockholm yesterday! Hang was able to enter the waters of baptism and may I just say that he was so happy!! Before the service he was standing out in the hallway just staring at the wall. I went out and asked him what was on his mind. He said, "lots of things.. the unknown." He was having some fears about the unknown future. I assured him that baptism was the best start to his future and that he would be blessed for making the covenant. He swallowed his fears and followed his faith. He was baptised by my companion Äldste Woodruff and it was beautiful! Hang was so happy and just beaming with light! It was another amazing feeling to see a man who just three months before did not know that God even existed or that Jesus Christ was his Savior, step into the cleansing waters of baptism and be made perfect. Words just fail me when I try to explain all that I was feeling. Hang is a great man, a true friend! He is pure and has found the truth. After the baptism we had a chance to talk. I asked him how he was feeling to which he replied, "Today is a perfect day!" We all were so happy because it truly was a "perfect day!" The Holy Spirit of Promise was in attendance and I know that Hang will move forward and continue on his path of righteousness! Hey, I guess having China closed to missionary work won't stop those living there from finding the truth! This man will return to China one day and teach his friends and family about the Gospel. He is already excited to do so! :) This work is AMAZING!! I am so blessed to be a part of it! Next Sunday I will be able to place my hands upon Hang's head and confirm him a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and give him the Gift of the Holy Ghost which will help him along his journey. :) It will also be a wonderful day! :)

Okay, now I will move on to Midsommar!! It was so much fun! We traveled to a place down closer to the temple, but out in the woods where there was a big field and some farms. We arrived early with the other missionaries (serving close enough to come) and played football and red rover and Frisbee etc... Around 10:30, 11ish the place started to come to life! Soooo many people showed up. About 50 percent members and 50 percent non members. Which is really good considering that it was started not too long ago by the members! We played games with everyone such as tug of war and we grilled up some hot dogs and hamburgers.. Haha the hamburgers were white because we bought the cheapest ones we could find. haha :) Don't worry we did not get sick! Yay! The time came and the May pole was raised. We danced and sung around the May pole and just had a great time! President and Sister Anderson came to take part and we were able to give them hugs because they are leaving really soon. We have a Mission conference this Friday to make the switch official... I think... haha and then President Anderson and his wife will be gone! :( Good thing for facebook and letters to keep in touch after I return! :) So, all in all it was a great Midsommar! Lots of fun!

Anyway I need to move on so I can have time for everything we need to do today! Thank you for your e-mail Dad! Haha sounds like you are over due for a trip down to Utah! I hope that Matt and Mom and all of the others are enjoying themselves! As you have read, Hang was baptised and it was great! I will be sure to send along your kind and encouraging words. He will appreciate them! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for your prayers in his behalf. I know that they helped him be ready for Sunday! :)

Okay, well I am going to move on to a Spiritual Thought... What is happening on lds.org?? Go check it out and watch the video called "Moments That Matter Most" There are so many moments in my life right now that matter.. They are shaping me for the future and the eternities. The same is true for all of us in our lives wherever we may be! I love you all so much! I am thankful for each of you and what you mean to me. Without you I would be lost! Thank you!!! I hope that everyone has a good week looking for the Moments that matter most and there in find peace, joy and happiness! Until next week!! Oh! Before I forget, it is transfers next week so I will not be able to write on Monday. I will write on Wednesday. Happy 4th of July next Monday!!! Wow!! The 4th of JULY!!! Crazy! :)


Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment