Wednesday, July 6, 2011

New Changes!! Lots of them!!!

Hej Familj!!!

Well, I am sorry to be sending this e-mail right now... As you all know, transfers are this week, and that means I would normally e-mail on Wednesday. Sorry to say that President Newell changed that, and now p-days on transfer week are on Tuesdays. So! I did not get an e-mail from ya'll and that makes me kinda sad! I guess there is always next week!! I truly am sorry if this upsets some of you... lol Mom and Dad, but it is just this week! I have some awesome news though! I am being transferred! Can you believe it???!! I normally stay in areas for a long time, but I am out of Stockholm as of tomorrow night at 11:00 PM! Thats right, my train to my new area leaves Stockholm Central Station tomorrow night at 11 PM. Why you may ask yourself? This is why!!! I am being transferred to Norrland!! I will be serving in a city called Örnsköldsvik! Or, Övik for short. You can for sure look it up on a map, but it is in the northern part of Sweden, right on the beautiful coastline! Sources say it is an awesome place to serve! I will board the night train and sleep for the 8 hour trip... hopefully sleep that is! Sadly, I will be leaving Stockholm and my awesome companion, Äldste Woodruff. My new companion is named Äldste Lopp. (Pronounced like the "la" in Fa La la la la, with a "p" at the end... lap... but it is spelled, Lopp haha) Also, some other exciting news... President asked me to be the District Leader there! So, that will bring lots of new experiences, and I know that I will learn a lot! :) OH!!! I will get to drive a car!! Awesome!!! hahaha! Okay, now I will take some time to fill you all in about our new Mission President!! His name is President Gregory Newell. He lived in I think Provo or Orem.. lol He has shaken the hand of FOUR US Presidents, served as the Ambassador to Sweden, owns an international business company, and has stories so exciting it makes you want to keep prying for more! haha We first met him this past Friday at a Mission Conference for the Norrland, Stockholm and Stockholm South Districts. It was a GREAT conference. President Newell and his wife are awesome and very, very Spiritual. The meeting had everyone in tears! Seriously, not a dry eye in the place! It is funny though, you can definitely tell that he has a political background. He almost acts like the president of the country. Not to mention, everyone treats him as though he was a celebrity.. (probably because he actually IS lol) After the meeting we had a chance to go meet him and shake his hand. It truly felt like a political rally... My emotions were quite confused! So, he is changing things around here with no delay! Making changes and switching things around as he feels best. That is good! Get it all changed and do it quick. That way we all can get used to it! Lets see, Hang is doing well!! He is awesome and the Confirmation went wonderfully! I was pretty nervous about doing it, but I was comforted and everything went perfectly! We talked after about the Holy Ghost, and we asked him how it felt. He said, "It felt like I was improved by some Spirit... I felt equal to the others in the room... at peace..." haha He is AWESOME!!!!! It is sad to be leaving him.. :( Not to mention I am leaving the ward!! They were a lot of fun! I was not able to even get to know all of them, but I know they are good people! Övik has a small branch.. Kinda like what I had in Växjö, my first area. It will be exciting switching back to the small branch feeling! Wooo! So, I hope that all is well in the land of Kundis and friends! What is going on?!?! I feel as though we haven't talked in ages! There must be sooo much to hear about! Matt with EFY, Landon, haha sooo much! OH!! Happy Fourth of July! We were able to celebrate with a couple American families that were having a big party. We grilled some cheeseburgers and had a good time together. We sang songs and talked about sports haha.. You know, all the fun things of the 4th. No fireworks though.. :( bummer! I sure hope that Kevin blew something up for me like he said he was going to do in the calendar you all sent! haha :) Well, I am getting tired of typing on this computer!! Also, I have LOTS of packing and preparation I need to do so things are ready to go tomorrow! The life of a missionary is amazing. I love it so much! I have found joy in the journey, and it continually amazes me how happy I am. I was a happy person before my mission, but now I am just so happy I am noticing I am happy more.. haha Does that make sense?!? Probably not.. Kinda hard to explain both through e-mail, but even in person! :) So, now for a Spiritual Thought! Here is a quote to get us started.. It is by C.S. Lewis. He says, "It is a serious thing to live in a society of possible gods and goddesses, to remember that the dullest and most uninteresting person you talk to may one day be a creature which, if you saw it now, you would be strongly tempted to worship..." Sister Newell quoted that on Friday at the Mission Conference. If we think about the quote and truly try to apply it to our lives, I think we would live differently. I think that honestly, the world would be a much better place. Not only would we treat one another with respect and love, but in that same moment we see someone in their godly state we are transformed and will be made happier and have a feeling of joy. Truly, this potential is in each and every one of us... Even those people that cut us off while driving, or the guy who takes the last cookie at the fireside. We are all on the same planet Earth. We are all yearning for the same loving embrace of our Father in Heaven, whether we know it or not... I love you all so much and look forward to this next transfer! I hope to hear from you all next week and read about all that has been going on. Jag Älskar Er!!


Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment