Monday, May 30, 2011

Sing us a song, your the piano man!

Hej Familj!!!

I can't believe that it is p-day AGAIN! How quickly time runs away! Fun story to start things off today! We were walking through a part of downtown Stockholm and came across a pink piano. It had signs all over it advertising the Stockholm Jazz festival. I cautiously approached the piano and wondered if it worked or if it was a broken one they just put on the street as an eye-catcher. To my delight the piano worked.. It worked really well actually! I started playing and then singing and just had a great time at the piano! Not many people can say that they have played a pink piano in the middle of downtown Stockholm, but I can! I will send a picture sometime so you all can see that I tell the truth! haha

This week has been really good compared to past weeks! I am feeling better and finally up to 100 percent! It feels great! The other day we had a really cool thing happen! As we were about to leave we said our prayer as always. Äldste Woodruff felt inspired in his prayer to ask for a person we could find and teach. As we headed out we jumped on a subway. As we came to a stop we got off (completely unplanned) As we started walking we saw a man and Äldste Woodruff said, "there, that is the man we are supposed to find" As we walked towards him, he walked around a corner.. (basically looked like he was hiding from us) We continued to walk and both guessed that he was just not interested and he was not who we were supposed to find. Just then a voice called out to us and asked, "hey, are you two brothers??" haha It was that man and he was contacting us! We went over and had a great conversation with him! He was interested and gave us his number. He wants to come to church this next week and receive a copy of the Book of Mormon! It was quite amazing to see such a direct answer to prayer! I love those moments! Strengthens my faith!

Okay, well now lets get to the e-mails! First we have Dad! I love you Dad! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You should be getting a card any day now from me! Let me know when you get it! It was also NANA'S Birthday not too long ago! HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA!! She wrote a great quote on that calender I got from you all that said, "Laughter is an instant vacation" Isn't that the greatest?!?! Haha I love her! No, sadly I was not able to find regular cold medicine here.. But that is okay because I am feeling better now! Wow, that is extremely sad about the Johnson family. I hope that Sandy's treatments are a success and that everything works out well. It must be hard for them to come back early from that. Will they be returning sometime?? So, you will be able to stay in the house until June of 2012?? What a blessing! Answer to prayer! Great! Please be sure to send along my thank you's to the Johnson family! Also, let them know I am praying for Sister Johnson! Our weather here in Stockholm is great! A little chilly here and there, but all together a good temperature. I wish it were warmer, but being so close to the ocean makes things chilly. We will see how things progress as time moves on! Our investigators right now are doing well! We have a baptismal date for a Chinese man named Hang on the 25th of June so we hope that all goes over well! We are teaching two other Chinese people named Michelle and Maqi! They are awesome and making progress! Things are good in Stockholm and I am loving it! I love you Dad!

Okay, next is Matt! I love you Matt! Wow, you sent your e-mail REALLY late! What are you doing up at those wee hours of the morning! On a Sunday?! I pray that you are safe and healthy! So, you are not doing the Spring fling this year?? Too bad! That was a fun thing for you and the family! Oh well, I am sure you have other things going on.. How is my wonderful Molly doing? Is she full of energy or getting old?? Keep a good eye on her for me! Haha, so much for the "house I will never see" Looks like the family will be staying there a little while longer! Start getting a place ready for me.. jkjk A little too early for that! :) I love you bud! Have a great week at school and get ready for summer! :)

Okay, next up is Mom! I love you Mom! Sounds like you are having an amazing time in Utah! Tell everyone hello for me and that I love them tons! :) Matt, Jessica and Colin are there huh? I bet they are fun to have around again! I miss them! Give Colin a high five for me! :) Make sure to purchase a raft at the outlet stores in Park City so that you can get out of the canyons safely.. That rain might flood the entire place! I pray for your safety! Hey.. all of you stop talking about me so much! I am not there to hear what you are saying! You could be making fun of me!!! Don't make fun of me! Haha jkjk You can if you really want to!! haha I love you Mom!

Okay, now for the Spiritual Thought quick! I have been thinking a lot lately about our relationship with our Father in Heaven. Everything we face here is to build us up, to make us stronger.. It is through understanding that relationship that we can find peace and joy. Why, when I am doing everything right, something always seems to go wrong?? That is a question I have often had.. But is it really going wrong? Are things really "wrong"?? Or are they all part of a broader perspective? I am starting to understand that our perspective on life is often times a "limited to this world" perspective. We don't look at things with an eternal perspective. Our Father knows what is best for us. Sure, whatever happened doesn't seem right, but is it a blessing to us from one who truly loves us? I think so... I know so! So, lets look at the big picture! Stop focusing on what is "Wrong" and start focusing on what we can learn. There in we can find what we are looking for! I love you all! Have a great week!


Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment