Sunday, November 14, 2010

Guess who is wearing his WINTER BOOTS?!?

(Just a note from Mom and Dad, Garrett has included a challenge in this e-mail to ALL family members that will build our testimonies and strengthen us as a family by reading and pondering the scriptures together. If you would like to read along as a family, and I know he would like us to, his challenge is outlined after the main section of his e-mail. Reading together couldn't hurt us, it could only bring us together in the gospel. So, I would love to have as many of us as possible join in on the spiritual growth that the prophets have promised us as we read the Book of Mormon as families. We love you all!!! Now --- here's Aldste Kundis' weekly blog:


Hej Familj!

Yes, you are correct! It IS me who is wearing his winter boots! Good job! :) So, we had a very large snow storm Tuesday morning! We woke up very cold and confused. A quick glance out the window and our suspicions had been confirmed... it had snowed! A LOT, and was still snowing! We got ready to travel to Göteborg to attend Sharpening and headed to the regular bus stop. The bus was late... very late. We watched helplessly as the train we had tickets for rushed by the tracks near our bus stop. A few minutes later the bus finally came and took us to the station completely filled with people. We were able to book more tickets and travel on the next train, but it was quite the inconvenience! We arrived a little late and missed the pre-conference goodies they had... :( lol!! :) Oh well! I had an amazing time and sharpening! Being with all of the Elders and the Andersons is always a party! During sharpening we talked a lot about the Book of Mormon, and its role in missionary work. AMAZING!!!! haha I had prepared a lot for it, and boy I tell ya', it paid off!! I learned a lot and the Spirit was really, really strong throughout the entire day. We also discussed the upcoming season, and how as missionaries it is very important. President Anderson made the comment that we are entering a season where everything points to our Savior, Jesus Christ, and that as His representatives we need to make the most of it and be ready to work! :) I LOVE Christmas, and it is sooooo coooool to be in Sweden for it! Everything is falling into place here. We HAVE THE SNOW... haha, the streets are filled with lights and huge decorations, the stores are full of traditional Swedish Christmas foods like Julmust (a delicious drink with a one-of-a-kind flavor) and Pepparkakor (basically... ginger snaps?? haha), and decorations are appearing in and on houses! I love it! If I remember correctly, most of this stuff happens after Thanksgiving in the States?? lol Anyway, Winter is fast approaching and I can't wait!!! :) Okay, well I am going to start responding to the family e-mail... The first up is Matt! I love you my brother, sweet brother.. You are switching to strong safety huh? Sounds like you are thinking like a winner! It is true that defense does not get as much attention, but it is just as, if not more important than offense! Besides, who do the fans and the rest of the team look to when the other team has the ball just inches from the goal line with seconds left?? Yeah, thats right... the defense! You will have fun with that Matt! I look forward to hearing all about it! Stay safe! haha :) So, you want a new family car do ya?? That sounds interesting! I can just imagine you right now... just like I was... showing Dad and Mom the cars I had found in the newspaper and explaining how we need a new one. lol Good luck!! By the way, I have some news about my truck! Haha... you CAN sell it! But,only if I get the money to pay for CPR Classes and EMT-Basic Certification classes. I have been thinking a lot about my future, and that is looking like a very good way to go! Not as my final career, but to use for making money during medical school and college, getting experience, and also volunteer work so I can actually APPLY to medical school hahaha! Oh, and by the way, I think I like the idea of becoming a Pediatrician. One, because it is on the clinical side of medicine and two because I get to work with children and help them out!! Sounds pretty cool huh? lol I am liking it a lot right now, but we will see what the future brings! :) I thought you might like to know that considering you are planing on being a PA! Woo! Anyway, I love hearing you talk about the family and life right now.. I am glad you love the family! You know what?? My two favorite pictures in the ones Mom sent me were one of you and Mom at the wedding for Greg, and another of you and Dad on your birthday! :) They made me very, very happy to see you sooooo happy... :) I love you Matt.. :) Keep loving Mom and Dad and the whole family.. it will bring you REAL joy, and REAL fun. :) Okay, now I am moving on.... To Dad!!! I love you Dad! Yes, I did receive Nana's things and Heidi's as well! I received Nana's first and sent off a thank you letter, but something happened in the mail and it was sent back to me! I was really sad when that happened, but I sent it again with another one addressed to Heidi to thank her and Denis. So, they should be receiving letters from me any day now! :) Thank you for letting me know! I am also glad that Nana enjoyed my songs! haha You will have to let me know if she can understand any of the Swedish! German sounds pretty strange to me.. (I see a lot of German tourists here) It is more of a "back of the throat" language whereas Swedish is very much a "Front of the mouth" language haha. Anyway, yes, we do have a princess here in Sweden.. we actually have a couple. I believe you are referring to the Crown Princess, Princess Victoria. She is next in line for the crown, and the entire country is obsessed with her! haha She just became married this past summer, and it was a HUGE deal! haha! It is awesome that you heard her on the radio though.. Small world! So, you were hit by a car TWICE on your mission?!?! haha and just when I thought it couldn't get any funnier!! jkjkjk I look forward to hearing the full stories some day! On a more serious note... Dad, thank you SOOO much for what you said in your e-mail. I need that a lot right now. Like, really.... You must be VERY in tune with the Spirit because your e-mail was pure "answer to my prayers".. Thank you Dad.. I love you!! I Really, really do! Okay, now on to Mom!!! I love you Mom!! You sound very excited to have Matt, Jessica and Colin up there! Enjoy it and be sure to give Colin a big hug for me, as well as express my love to Matt and Jessica and wish them luck with the big move! :) Just to answer your question, yes, we also fell back an hour like you! The extra hour of sleep was a nice gift from father time! hehehe ;) I will explain a little more as to your second paragraph in your e-mail to me.. probably when we talk at Christmas.. It is all good, but just more of a talking thing rather than a writing thing! So, "don't worry, about a thing..." I got it under control, and I am being exactly what you asked me to be, and I am still amazingly happy!!! :) :) (as always) Thank you for the update on Rhett, rather, Elder Miller! I received a letter from him just yesterday and he sounds pretty good! I do remember the days of learning a new language in the MTC... They were not too long ago, and I can still understand what he is going through now! It is a daily struggle to learn this language! It is hard, but the help I receive from the Lord is just spectacular!!! :) Purely the gift of tongues! Wow Mom, your e-mail was also very inspired this week... You know those times when you said you feel that I need extra prayers?? You are spot on! Thank you for caring so much about me! :) I love you! I feel the strength in your prayers, as well as the rest of the family's prayers. I love it! I hope you and the family can feel the strength from my prayers for you, because I love you all and pray for you constantly, many times a day! :) Prayer is just wonderful! Okay, well, thank you for the update on the plaque! I can't wait to see it! :) To answer your question, my suits are black... both of them haha. Remember?? You were the one that thought I might want to bring a black and a blue one, or at least two different colors... haha But I was stubborn and just wanted my two black ones! One is black with a black pin stripe design, and the other is black with a silver pin stripe design. So, there you go! I haven't really thought of anything else for Christmas... Ask Josh and Kevin what they would have wanted or did want haha :) I trust them! Well, thank you very much for your e-mail Mom! I love you very much! :) Okay everyone, so now it is time for the Spiritual thought!! It is going to be completely different this time.. Yeah, I am going to throw a curve ball so fast it will make your head spin! The thought today is actually a CHALLENGE!!! Do you think you are up for it? It is pretty easy, but you must be committed. And I mean, REALLY committed. Not just for one day, or a week, but for however long it takes! Okay, I have kept you in suspense long enough. My challenge to you is to read the Book of Mormon with me! :) Haha, but there are some rules to this, and some guidelines to help it run smoothly. At Zone Sharpening President Anderson gave me a copy of the Book of Mormon, and challenged me to read it. But not just read it, read it AND mark a couple things. The first in one color is anything that has to do with Christ, his words, attributes, etc... and the second is something of your choosing for example, heroes of the Book of Mormon, faith scriptures, etc... I will post a little thing at the end of the e-mail with all of the details so you can maybe print it out and place in your Book of Mormon. Okay, I know some of you are reading this saying, "I have read the Book of Mormon," or, "that sounds way too time consuming", but trust me, this will be fun, easy, and most of all WORTH IT. I know that as we read together and focus on gaining a testimony, or growing in our testimony of the Book of Mormon we will find peace, joy, and love. Our lives will be better, and we will all grow together! So, I will post the rules/guidelines and you will let me know if you have accepted the challenge or not. If I do not hear from you within a couple of weeks I will contact you and remind you... ;) hahaha I love you all, and I really don't want to turn this into one of those, "ugh" things that clutters your day. I really feel that this will be good for us as family and friends. Just think about it, pray about it and let me know... I love you all so very much. The power that exists in the Book of Mormon is beyond my comprehension. It continues to amaze me every single day in one way or another! So, it is time for me to sign out of here and move on with my mission!! haha I love you, and pray for you always...

Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

Äldste Kundis' Book of Mormon Challenge!
(Print out and place in your Book of Mormon)

1) Obtain a BLANK copy of just the Book of Mormon. (Don't use the one you already use)

2) Obtain two marking pencils. (Two different colors of your choice)

3) Beginning the 28TH OF NOVEMBER, read FOUR pages every day.

4) When you have finished your daily goal of pages continue until the end of that chapter. (yes I realize this means you may read more than four pages every day... lol)

5) While you read, using one color mark scriptures that have anything to do with Christ.

6) While you read, using the other color mark something of your choosing. (this is the SAME every single day meaning, don't switch once you have decided what you are going to highlight)

7) Begin and end each day's reading with a PRAYER. (This is VITAL.. Don't just read because you have to, make it worth it)

8) Write down cool things you learn, or send a quick e-mail to Äldste Kundis every once and a while to share the cool things you notice! (Both are recommended ;) hehe)

9) Enjoy your time reading, and embrace the wonderful Spirit of the Book of Mormon! :)

10) The weekly e-mail will contain the page numbers and chapters for the week. (in case something happens and you fall behind)

-- Thank you for accepting the challenge! As we read together we will learn together and grow as individuals. We are reading a book that means EVERYTHING to us as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Joseph Smith called it, "the keystone of our religion". Let us make it the "keystone" of our lives and grow in testimony. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I love it with my whole heart. The Spirit it contains has blessed my life in ways that I can not fully describe to you. I treasure the time I have to ponder it's pages and learn. Answers to prayers, calmness to a troubled heart and salvation to a soul exist here within these pages. Take advantage of every word and treasure it like the gift it truly is. I love you! I look forward to this time we have together! Lets do this! :)

Med Kärlek,
(With Love,)

Äldste Garrett Kundis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment