Monday, February 6, 2012

Ice Cold Elder!!

Hej Familj!!!


As the subject line says, I am ice cold right now. We have been having some severely cold weather! Yesterday in church all of us were freezing so badly that we had to keep rubbing our arms to stay somewhat warm. It is bad.. haha I wouldn't mind much if I could just sit inside by a heater, but as a missionary I have to leave and go out on the streets! It is hard at times, but it is all worth it! Today is clear and windy though, so hopefully that means some warm weather is coming our way?? I sure hope so!

Good thing I purchased those boots from Missionary Mall, because my other two pairs of shoes both have holes in them so when I walk in all of the snow my feet get cold and wet! No problems though, because these boots are doing just the trick!

This week has been a good one! We WILL be having a baptism this Saturday for Dermas. His brother is having a little bit of trouble right now and we think it is best that he wait a little longer. We continue to pray for him. Kent is doing well, and we will be meeting him this week to set a date for him. Needless to say, Äldste Shear and I are very excited that we will have the opportunity to see a baptism together during our last transfer! Hopefully more! :) Dermas asked Äldste Shear to baptize him and he asked me to do the confirmation on Sunday. His mother is very excited that he is finally becoming a member of the church, and she can't wait to go home to Washington and tell all of her friends! haha She is awesome and loves the missionaries! We will make sure that all goes well for both of them and I will tell you all about the details next Monday! It is going to be a great week!

Lets see, any other news right at the moment... Hmm, nope not really, just loving life! I need to get to the e-mails because I have less time to write this week.

First up is Dad! I love you Dad! Yeah, the life of a missionary is a good one! Miracles, struggles, highs, lows... They all make for a really grand adventure! That was a crazy story you told me about your train ride down from your last area. Sounds kind of like you had a memory flashback. Those are awesome! I know that I will have many of the same feelings you had, but as for right now, I would rather just leave them be and deny the fact that they are coming.. yet I know the are... eek! Weird.

Yes, to answer your question, I do still have that guitar with me! It is starting to sound funny and make weird noises when I play, but I figure that is because it is getting old! I enjoy having it to relax after a long hard day. Music rules. haha :) I also remember that show at Hastings. I want to do things like that when I return, but hopefully it will be with a group of friends as a band or something.. I dunno, we will see! Anyway, I love you Dad! Have an awesome week, and I want you to know that you have been in my prayers a lot lately! The Lord will provide! I know that is true!

Okay, now on to Mom! I love you Mom! Thank you for your e-mail! Am I happy?? Of course I am!!!! As happy as I have EVER been! Am I warm?? NO. Not at all! haha But I don't want to complain anymore about that! :) ;) That is pretty cool that the Giants won the Superbowl. If I had been able to watch, I would have rooted for them over the Patriots. So, good for them! Just a question, has Matt heard anything from BYU Provo yet?? Just curious! Lol, that was random.. Hmm, That was a really cool idea you had for the primary kids to learn the song, "Choose the Right". Sounds like you know how to get them to remember the song! Fun activities really are the best way to create a lasting memory! Good job! I am again glad that you like my Spiritual Thoughts. I for one, wish that I had more time for them! I always seem to have to rush when writing e-mails! Ugh! It must be the P-day curse! (not sure really what that is... haha) I know that you are going to have a great week! Did you know that? haha Well, it is true! I love you Mom!!!

Okay, now on to Matt! I love you Matt! Not too much is going on right now, just writing you an e-mail from the library in Jakobsberg Centrum! What is up with you? haha So, it was a surprise that the Giants won the Superbowl? Why is that? Were they not good?? Just curious I guess. Wow, that class really sounds like it is helping you possibly more than the kids! I am very proud of you for making a difference in their lives and being their friend. Just know that every time you walk into their classroom there is a Father in Heaven with a very big smile on his face. Did you ever think about that?? He is proud of you too! Sick! haha :)

You are just FULL of trunky comments! Did you know that your e-mails make me the most trunky?! Yup. Congrats bro! Nah, it is good to have someone reminding me that it IS coming up. It will be a good time, and a hard time.. I dunno, I've never done it before! lol! I hope you are having a blast at school and with your friends! Are you able to drive yet, or is that still in the future? Yeah, we will throw you an awesome Graduation Party at the LaQuinta! Of the hook?? Is that what the kids are saying now a days? ;) I love you brother! Have an awesome week!

Okay, QUICK Spiritual Thought! When was the last time you read you Patriarchal Blessing?? If is was a while ago, pull it out! I read mine often and remind myself of what is in store for me. I particularly focus in on the part about my mission! Our Heavenly Father knows who we are, and who we have the potential to become. He helps us here on Earth to make the right choices and follow the right paths. Scriptures, prophets, prophecies etc... How often do we use these gifts? Often I hope! I love you all very much! I love being a missionary! The Church is true! haha Until next week...


Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment