Monday, January 30, 2012

It just doesn't get any better than this!

Hej Familj!!!


This week has been incredibly awesome! We have been working hard, and really having a great time. If there was ever a dream "last transfer", I am having it. A great friend by my side, a ward full of members willing to do missionary work, and investigators ready and willing to be baptized! Just so you know, we moved Darmas and Aman's baptismal date to the 11th instead of the 4th. We just want to make sure they are ready. No worries though, they are really excited for their baptism!

Now, let me tell you about a little miracle named Kent. We were heading to the bus one morning and stopped to talk to a man that was walking down the same path as us. When we stopped him he was a little surprised, but decided to stay and hear the message that we were sharing. He told us about his belief in God and Jesus Christ, and about how he is always trying to get closer to them. We told him that as servants of the Lord Jesus Christ it was our privilege to teach others about how they can do just that. He was excited about the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith, and he was even more excited to come to church! Well, Sunday came and Kent was no where to be found. Later on in the week we gave him a call and set up a time to meet with him at the Church. He came and explained that he had no way of getting to the church on Sunday because his friend uses his bus card on the weekends. He apologized and said that he truly did want to come. We taught him that day and the Spirit was there with us. I invited him to baptism, and he said YES! So, Kent will be baptized sometime in the near future. We don't have an exact date for him yet, but we will set that up on Tuesday when we meet with him! We were able to arrange a ride for him, and he came to church yesterday! During our investigator class we showed our group the baptismal font. We said to Darmas and Aman, "This is where you will be baptized." To which Kent said, "And maybe I will join you!" Hahaha!! Eager maybe??!?! Wooo! I love being led to the prepared!

So, we are doing well here in Jakobsberg! Oh, and just so you know there was another man named Marcello who was a member referral. We met with him and he asked us this question.. "Do I need to read the whole Book of Mormon before I am baptized??" HAHAHA!!! He is going to be away on a vacation to Bolivia for a couple of weeks, but we were able to teach him and feel the Spirit of this man before he headed off. He will be baptized when he returns! Wooo! :)

So, as you can tell I am a very VERY happy missionary! The Second Harvest is here in Sweden! Prophets have prophesied of its coming, and I am so blessed to be able to be here to see it happen! How awesome!!! :) We have a fun P-day planned so I better get the e-mails going!

First up is Dad! I love you Dad! I loved the British accent you had going on in your e-mail.. Haha, not exactly sure what prompted that, but it made me laugh! It is soooo cold here!! No warm weather at all! We have had lots of snow, and I am starting to think that it will never go away! Hopefully we see some of those warm air trends you all are experiencing, but if not, just know that there IS a part of the world that is frozen solid! haha :) As for the week filled of music, it went great! My musical number at Zone Conference was fun, even if I was nervous! Funny, tell me to stand up and testify that there is a God and that he knows each and every one of us and I puff out my chest in courage, but ask me to stand and sing a solo and my knees start to shake! hahaha :) It was fun! I am very thankful for the gift of music in my life and in our family! It is incredible! Also, Zone Conference was really awesome! Once again I felt the Spirit testifying to me of the importance of this work. It is always an uplifting experience!

This Conference however, was a little bitter-sweet. When we first arrive in the mission we give a testimony at our first Zone Conference followed by the "departing missionaries" testimonies. This Conference guess who was the "departing missionary"?? Yup, me. I shed some tears and gave my best advice to all that were there. I felt like Mormon and Moroni giving their "final testimonies".. haha It felt very strange to be standing up there again after two years. It really has flown by! No worries though, I still have time!!! Yay! :) Anyway, I love you Dad! Did you do anything like that in Japan?? Just wondering! Have a great week!

Okay, now on to Matt! I love you Matt! I am very glad that you are excited to read this e-mail! I am excited to write it and answer your questions! Yes, I still listen to a lot of music.. The genres have changed quite a bit though.. haha You know, the regular missionary music library.. Mo Tab, EFY, Conference Talks... etc... haha Yup, all of the good stuff! ;) The Swedish people normally listen to American songs.. They don't get really popular here unless they sing in English. There are some good artists that sing in Swedish, but for the most part they are not listened to. haha :) That is really cool about what you heard from the CEO of Benefis! He has it right! Woo! I love you a lot brother! Have lots of fun and finish out your last semester of High School strong! How is it going in that class you told me about?!? Take care of Molly and play some fetch with her! Maybe with the snow you will be getting soon! :) ;) haha I love you man! Have a great week!

Okay, next is Mom! I love you Mom! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad that you had a fun day and that Dad and Matt took care of you! They are really good at that! :) Haha, I would love nothing more than to sing When I am Baptized in Swedish for your Primary kids! Sounds like lots of fun! They are very lucky to have you as their chorister! :) Don't worry about the food situation, I am getting better at saying no thank you and eating slower! haha We will win the war! :) They are just so nice to us! Once again the week is full of diner appointments! I love it! This work is incredible, and every single day I am happier and happier! What a blessing! :) I hope that you are feeling well and that work is being good to you! I love you Mom! Have a great week and know that you are in my prayers! :)

Okay for the Spiritual Thought we must turn to Exodus! Chapter 14 to be exact! This is when Moses is in a little bit of a tough situation! In verses 10-12 we read about how the Children of Israel kinda freaked out a bit. "And when Pharaoh drew nigh, the children of Israel lifted up their eyes, and, behold, the Egyptians marched after them; and they were sore afraid: and the children of Israel cried out unto the Lord. And they said unto Moses, Because there were no graves in Egypt, hast thou taken us away to die in the wilderness? wherefore hast thou dealt thus with us, to carry us forth out of Egypt? Is not this the word that we did tell thee in Egypt, saying, Let us alone, that we may serve the Egyptians? For it had been better for us to serve the Egyptians, than that we should die in the wilderness." Just put yourself in Moses' position! how would you feel?! Do we sometimes decide to yield to the enemy instead of trusting in our God? ? ? Moses answers them in verses 13-14. "And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Trust in God. Need I say more? I know that when we put our full trust in Him our Father in Heaven will "deliver" us out of any situation we might find ourselves in. Don't give up. Never give up. Trust in God and everything will be okay. I KNOW that is true! I love you all so much! Have a great week and do something fun!! Something really REALLY fun! :)

Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment