Monday, February 13, 2012

"Hey! What did you do this weekend?!".. "Oh, you know, just had a BAPTISM!!"

Hej Familj!!!


Well, as you can tell, everything went great with the baptism for Dermas! We had a pretty good turn out for the service and everything came together. We could most definitely see the Lord's hand in making sure everything went well. We had two senior couples there, two other sets of missionaries, and us two! LOTS of black name-tags! I guess that missionaries like to see baptisms!Okay, well the Spirit was most definitely there and everyone had a good time but what really got me the most was how happy Dermas and his mother were! They both had the biggest smiles on their faces and we could tell that it had been a good day for them! As well as for all involved!

Funny story.. So, Dermas is like 6' 6" so we needed to fill the font quite a ways as to accommodate for his tall self. There was an awesome member family that came (The Fhors Family) ((Related to President Fhors from Skövde)) and they brought with them their two boys. The two were both plastered to the glass excited to see the baptism. So, as Dermas entered the water, a tidal-wave of water jumped out of the font and splashed through the space between the glass and the floor completely drenching William, one of the Fhors kids. He lost it!! He started screaming and yelling! Not really constant, but he was just shocked! We all started laughing, and Äldste Shear and Dermas thought they had just had a baptism in a baptist church or something! Hallelujah! :) Good memories! There were some other funny moments too, such as Äldste Shear and Dermas BOTH forgetting to bring extra white button-up shirts. I had to run back and forth from the baptismal clothes closet a few times before everything was figured out. Haha It was an awesome baptismal service! :)

Yesterday, on Sunday Dermas arrived early to church with his mother. He was looking sharp as always for his confirmation. Sacrament meeting started and soon we were up in the front and one of the Priests was holding a microphone to my mouth. I was able to confirm Dermas and it was a great experience! He seemed happy and I am sure I was smiling just as big! It is so amazing being a part of all this. Dermas has made some excellent decisions and he will continue to make good decisions with the help of the Holy Ghost. I feel as though I get to be a part of his life in some way. That I am helping him progress and by so doing, gaining a good friend and a brother in the Lord. It just doesn't get better! haha :)

Okay, well something went wrong with the computer that I am using, so now my time just went down by a LOT.. Sorry, but this is going to have to be quick... E-mails! First we have Dad! I love you Dad! Okay, I will get on things and try as hard as I can to get that stuff you asked for. Hopefully it will be easier to work through all of the things now that I know a little bit more about the system! Thank you for answering my questions and for the money to get some things before my time is up. I truly appreciate it! I do not remember much about the call I had with the Student Loan people. My first thought was that I could not get another deferment because they said I could return home and get a job to start paying on the interest or something like that. But, it might be worth it to give them a call and just see if I could buy some more time from them and explain that I can't return to school until the Fall Semester.. I dunno, maybe look into it and see and if I need to call someone just let me know and I will get in touch with President Newell! No problem! YES, I am very cold... Haha, it is okay, and I am surviving, but the harsh winds and falling snow is quickly becoming an annoyance! It makes contacting so... fruitless.. haha I am sure anyone who knows what contacting in the snow is like can understand! :) ;) lol I am having a lot of fun though, and it is a blast being a missionary! Our other investigators are doing good! We are having a little bit of trouble trying to get a time set up with Kent because his work is completely unpredictable. Lame! But he is still positive and from what we can tell, he wants to meet! Yay! We will see what this next week will bring! Hopefully Marcello one of our other investigators will return home from his trip to Peru this week and we can meet him again! Another yay! :) I love you Dad! I hope that I answered all of your questions and that you are doing well! OH! As for what day I want to speak in Sacrament Meeting... uhhh.. Can you just pick?? I think that would be best! Ready whenever! :)

Okay, well now I am going to move on to Matt! I love you Matt! Oh wow, I am sorry Matt. It sounds like work, school and a "life" has put a lot on your plate! I remember going through all of that. Some days it just felt like I had no time to be "me" ya know?? But I must tell you the truth.. It is all in your mindset! Work is something we NEED to do. There is no way around it as much as we really want there to be. So, be happy with the job you have. Make it fun! That should be easy for you! :) If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, learn to live with it. You will grow incredible amounts by working at it! Trust me, I know that is true! :) ;) School is another one of those things that we just have to do. Here is the secret.. Make it something you WANT to do. Learning is fun! Share with Mom and Dad the cool things you are learning or at least some of the funny stories that happen in class. School is not there to make your life boring. I know, sounds sketch.. But it is true. If you learn to love it however hard that may be at first you will never regret it, and your life will be filled with success and knowledge! :) Keep at it! Senior year is really tough when it gets down to the end. Just keep swimming brother! Use floaties if ya have to! ;) No shame in that.. haha I love you a lot Matt! Know that you are in my prayers and that you have lots of people around you ready and willing to lift you up, dust you off, and encourage you to try again. Two of them live with you. They are called parents! Give 'em a try! I promise they want nothing more than to see you happy and to see you succeed! Okay, have a great week Matt! You will be in my thoughts and prayers even more since you asked for some assistance from your brother in Sweden! Let me know how everything goes! :)

Okay, now on to Mom because my time is running away from me! I love you Mom! No, I have not received your package yet, but I will be on the look-out for it! Thank you so much for sending me another one! I am sure the man at the post office knows that there is someone in Sweden who is loved dearly! :) Wow, there is a lot to respond to in your e-mail.. I hope I can answer everything with the time I have left! The baptism really was awesome! If felt great in the church building! The Spirit was there and the heater started working again! All it took was a missionary to turn a switch.. hmm.. lol :) I hope that things will be warming up here in the future as well! Today the sun is shining and no snow so that is a good start! We will have to wait and see what the future will bring! So, nothing back from BYU yet huh? Oh well, I guess we will have to wait and see! If Matt ever has questions about anything just have him ask me. I am in the mission field where there are missionaries that went to many of the various schools he could attend! Just ask and I will see what I can do for him! No, I don't think you told me about the surgery you had! I hope that you've learned your lesson about staying out in the hot sun all day! Hate to say it, but, we told you so! haha I love you! :) Let me know how everything went! As for what I have had at member's houses lately.. Well we ate burgers at the Fhors' house last night! We had pea soup and Swedish pancakes (a Swedish tradition) TWICE this week! We have had pasta and tacos and etc... lol You should make them braised beef! lol ;) or maybe Chicken-cheese rice?? I think thats what is was called. OH!! Lasagna! If you orka! lol :) Thats always good! :) Cheesy Garlic biscuits! Ok, I need to stop an move on! I love you Mom! I hope you have a good week and the the missionaries enjoying eating my food.. I mean, their food.. hahaha You are in my prayers as always! I love you!

Okay now for my Spiritual Thought! Since Valentine's Day is coming up here.. Which reminds me HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT TINER!!!! Woooooooo! Haha :) It is the season for love, and what better love to talk about than the love of the Savior. He loves us all soooooo much! We can't even fathom how much he wants what is best for us, and wants us to choose the correct path to come back to Him. I love you all so much! Get a hold of a Preach My Gospel and study the Christlike attribute of love. (chapter 6) It will truly bless your life as I know it has blessed mine! I must be going now! I have less than a minute before the computer shuts off! Have a great week!




Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment