Monday, February 27, 2012

Heading to the airport a little early!

Hej Familj!!!

Well here I am writing from the library in Uppsala! That is a town about 45 minutes north of Stockholm. We had planned to travel in the morning and spend most of the day here, but I guess that the Lord had other things in mind! There was a train crash a couple of days ago near one of the cities on the route to Uppsala from Stockholm, so our train was delayed. Then after sitting on the stopped train they came over the intercom and told us all that they were delayed one and a half hours more! We were not very happy.. They then continued and told us that we had the option of taking a bus instead. We jumped on the opportunity. So, after a couple hours of delays we were finally on our way!

Funny story now... The bus decided to make a stop at Arlanda Airport... That is the airport I flew into when I first came to Sweden, and it will be the airport I will leave from. Haha We thought it was quite a crewel trick. (Thus the title of the e-mail...)

Anyway, once we got here we had lunch with the Sister Missionaries, Syster Talbot and Syster Hill, and my old missionary companion Bill Barlow! The lunch was great! It was a Thai food buffet! Yum! This place also had sushi and ice cream all included in the very reasonable buffet price! I was really impressed!

After lunch "Brother Barlow" had to leave to get to a class, so the Sisters and us went to the Dom Kyrka here in town. It is huge!!!! VERY beautiful and lots of fun to look around in! One thing I didn't understand though was why there were dead people in big stone boxes in the church... Kinda creepy if you ask me! lol Anyway, there was even a play-place in the church where you could draw pictures! ! ! I decided to draw a very poor rendition of the Salt Lake Temple!! haha So, now there is a picture of our beautiful temple inside a beautiful Swedish State Church! :) ;) haha Anyway, after the church we went around sight-seeing and just had a good time in Uppsala.

Now we are all at the library here e-mailing to our parents! I will be sure to enjoy the rest of my p-day and hopefully travel back to Jakobsberg in time to make our appointments! :) As for the work here... I would like to see more! haha Marcello I guess decided to stay longer on his vacation because his phone is still shut off. We have been teaching at Swedish High Schools and looking everywhere for new investigators.

We are having success, but I definitely feel more and more that my time is being taken from me! Seriously, every day that passes makes me feel more and more like someone, somewhere is making the clocks move faster and faster. It is annoying!!!! :) Anyway, I don't want to bore you all with my feelings at the moment. We are having a great time being missionaries for the Lord, and we are working hard to the end. Or, as President Newell would say, "Hoe to the end of the row!" :) We love that line here in Jakobsberg!

So, before I wrap this up, I want to make sure that everyone knows that I love them dearly! Mom, I really hope that you are feeling okay and that you KNOW my prayers are with you. Dad and Matt keep helping her feel better and better! It is a great day to be alive and to have the Gospel a part of it! I love you all!

Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment