Monday, March 5, 2012

One more to go!

Hej Familj!!!


Wow, can you all believe how fast the time is going? I am starting my last "real week" of missionary service and I feel some of the most confusing feelings I have ever felt! Really though, this is getting tough! I think Äldste Shear and I are ready to get this week done, give it our all and stop all of these crazy emotions! Everywhere we go people are reminding us that the end is near. Going to church yesterday was extremely difficult.. I wanted to put ear plugs in just so I wouldn't hear all of the trunky comments!

Anyway, we are moving forward and we will make the best of this last week! Today we have a great P-day planned. We will be joining up with some of the other Elders in our group to have lunch at Pizza Hut. Afterwards we will be heading to Gamla Stan in Stockholm to purchase some gifts and things to remind us of Sweden! I have no idea what to bring home for ya'll, because the States pretty much has everything Sweden does.. We will see.. Just to break the ice, it may be something a bit lame, but it will be Swedish anyway! :) lol It will be good!

Okay, after the shopping we will be heading up to our ward mission leader's home for a dinner and a meeting. Guess what, we have a dinner every single night this week, and most of the days also have a lunch planned in with a member. I guess the ward really wants to say goodbye and make this week one of the hardest weeks on my mission! Wish me luck! haha I love this ward, and leaving them is going to hurt. I can already feel it. :( Why is this so hard!?? Wasn't this part supposed to be fun and exciting? Nothing else?? haha I know it will be tough!

Okay, well I hope that everything is going okay back home! The e-mails from you all lately have been lacking to say the least... haha Just kidding! I do appreciate the extra time though! It is nice! On a more serious note, please send ALL OF MY LOVE to Nana at this time. My heart hit the floor when I read what happened. I just said a little prayer, and will continue my praying until things are figured out. Nana is a strong woman filled with FAITH. I know, and trust in the Lord that He will take care of her. Not to mention the angels surrounding her at this time. I look forward to visiting with her in the near future.

Okay, well I hope that we all are looking forward to a fantastic week full of good times, because that is whats going to happen! Before I sign off though, I thought I could share a quick Spiritual Thought..

Lets look really fast at the last verse of John 16."These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." (John 16:33) At this point the Savior of us all is teaching the Apostles plainly about praying to the Father in His name. In the name of Jesus Christ. He reassures them that He will plead unto the Father in our behalf. In Jesus Christ we find strength. In Jesus Christ we find peace. In Jesus Christ we find ourselves. He knows that this Earthly trial will be accompanied by tribulation.. He says so himself right here! Right in the very scriptures many of us have somewhere within eyesight. But guess what, he also knows that it is okay. He knows that these trials and tribulations are for our very good. He gives us the secret. It is Faith in Him. He has overcome the world, and offers that very world PEACE.. PEACE IN HIM. Peace through our loving brother, the Son of our Eternal Father in Heaven. Have FAITH. Pray with all energy of heart and know that HE IS THERE. He is continually praying unto the Father for us, and He will FOREVER reach out with love to provide the peace we need and the strength we desire.

I testify in the name of Jesus Christ and as one of his called representatives that He LIVES. He loves you and He loves me. He is there watching over you just as he is watching over me. I feel Him in my life. I know that he is there. Because of this, and this alone, I find peace. "Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come." (D&C 68:6)

As I finish my time as a called and set apart missionary I reflect on the words of that scripture. He HAS stood by me during this battle, and He CONTINUES to stand firm even to this very day. I don't know what the future will bring for myself, or for anyone else, but this I do know.. If it is founded on the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a relationship with Him is made and nourished all will be well... And all is well. I say this, and leave my testimony, in the name of my Savior, my King and my best friend, even Jesus Christ, Amen.




Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment