Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference Time Again!

(Just a quick note from the Mommy! Please keep praying with us that they will be able to figure out what is causing Gar's numbness. He needs our united prayers in his behalf. THANKS!!! )

Hej Familj!!!

Well, I hope that you all enjoyed General Conference as much as I did!!?!? It was so nice being able to hear the voice of God's Prophet on the Earth today! Not to mention the fact that he was incredibly fun to watch with all of his jokes and facial expressions! We gathered in the Chapel here in Linköping to watch conference. The Spirit was strong, and my pen was moving faster than I could even think. So many good topics were discussed. Haha, after the second session we watched together a new member who was less active and even in-active for a time stood up and said essentially, "finally! That was the hardest thing to sit through! Probably one of the hardest things I have ever done!" haha I confronted her remark and explained that they all talked about great things! Not just the same things! Haha I believe she was only kidding which was good, but I can understand that remark. Because I feel that all of us at one point thought the same things! Even if it was just when we were little and forced to watch by our parents! It is like anything in the Church... Give it some time to grow within your heart and you will love it. General Conference is no longer something I can sleep through... It is something I have to keep myself from jumping out of my chair for. Conference has become something so powerful and so meaningful that even now I am longing for the next one! haha!! Anyway, this week has been fun! We worked hard and testified of Christ. We taught with the Spirit and felt the swelling motions within ourselves. Majid is doing well! We will be teaching him again this Tuesday. Hopefully with a member!!! :) haha So, things are going nicely here. As for the health update... My symptoms are mostly the same. No more panic attacks. I have noticed however, that my symptoms, those being loss of feeling or awareness of my body, increase a lot when I lay down to sleep. So much so, that I must calm down and remember that I am okay. It's been a little difficult getting to sleep. Also, once I have fallen asleep I often times wake up having rolled onto my arm or hand or something and it is completely numb. Kind of like when you get a serious "fallen asleep feeling". After some time the sensation goes away and I am back to "normal" but still not "normal" if that makes sense. Anyway, I will be asking to see if I can go to a doctor today to see whats up... Maybe get some answers. I am calm about all of this, but still I need to find an answer or at least some more hope!! haha! Please don't worry about me! My work here as a missionary moves forward. As we heard many times in conference, our Father in Heaven is aware of our surroundings and circumstances. He knows the weaknesses and troubles we have. I received a strong, solid testimony that all I am going through will "work out for my good". My Savior loves me. He wants me to be happy. Through Him, I am. Now, I need to get to the e-mails if we have any hope of getting all the things done today that we need to! Okay first we have Matt! I love you Matt! Thank you so much for sending me your love! It means a lot to me! You continue to impress me by all that you are doing! I was very happy to hear that you and Dad were able to attend the Priesthood session of conference together! What an awesome session that was! I loved how you thought about us watching conference at the same time! I had similar thoughts! We are united even if a map and a few miles say otherwise! You and I know better! :) Enjoy the beautiful fall season! It truly is a time of reflection... Prepare to serve a mission! haha I just thought I would add that very important part of your e-mail. I feel strongly that you have much to give. We need you out here as a part of the Missionary force! As Elder Holland stated so forcefully... "Sign on.. and speak up. We are at war." Be the voice of God! :) I would go back and watch that talk again. He is amazing! I love you Matt! Have a great week and know that you are forever my brother! Make me proud man! haha (you already have!) Okay, now it is on to Dad! I love you Dad! So glad to hear that at least one of us is seeing progress in our medical issues! You are still in my prayers, as always, and I hope that progress hastens! I hope I answered some of your questions about my health already.. Just so you know, my panic attacks were triggered by the strange sensations I got. Almost like I was going to "fly out of my body". I would think one would understand a panic attack when you experience a feeling like that! :) I have learned to calm myself when those sensations come strongly. Something is still wrong though. Not sure what. That is why I hope to go see a doctor soon! I am sure that I will get right in there! :) The Newells are great! I will update you again next week on how everything is going! It was so fun to read about the tailgate party before the Priesthood session of conference! Hopefully that was a good thing to draw out more viewers! But with the session available online now, I am not sure how well the chili and cornbread worked! ;) Okay, well I must more on. I love you Dad! Okay, now it is Mom's turn! I love you Mom! I will start off by answering your question. We have Zone Conference on the 11th of October in Stockholm. If the box arrived there before the 11th I would definitely receive it. However, I am not certain how long it takes boxes to travel. Things move around the mission pretty well, so I am sure that it would not sit in the office for months. I would get it eventually. So, I hope that is helpful. Probably not, but I tried! Since we no longer have regular transfers it is hard to know when I will be getting anything! :) Also, I don't really have any last minute requests for my birthday... As time goes on, I find that I am not having a strong desire for things of the world. They will come in time right?! haha Thank you for all that you do for me! I love you! You really liked conference!!! That is great! Those were some great lines! I have quite a few of my own that I liked.. "Be as quick to knell as you are to text" (one of my favorites!) We even picked out some of the same! :) The Choir was awesome! That primary choir had me in tears I must say! :) But I am sure you already knew that! They have such a special Spirit about them! I love you Mom! Have a great week! You and the family are forever on my mind! Okay now for a Spiritual Thought! Well, it should be something about conference right?! haha but what on earth do I focus on?!?! I don't know! It was all so good! Maybe another "one-liner" from my stash of good ones! I liked this one from Sister Barbara Thompson's talk. "I didn't keep a testimony, my testimony kept me." I love that so much, because I am experiencing that Gospel truth on a daily basis. Right now, it is tough being out here. My health has had me worried at times. I testify that my testimony is keeping me. At night when the lights are dark and my symptoms grow stronger, my heart is comforted by the Savior. My personal Savior lets me know that everything will be okay. Jesus Christ promises that the morning will come. Or, to quote Robert D. Hales, "weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning!" In a very literal sense, my testimony IS keeping me. At the same time, it is growing stronger and stronger. I am "never far from the gaze of (my) Heavenly Father." That brings me comfort. This help, this miracle is there for each and every one of us! Our testimonies are not just for us to feel when times are good and the meeting was great. Our testimonies help us through the battlegrounds of life! In the darkest of moments our testimonies are the light. The light necessary for our eventual triumph. I know that Christ lives. He is my friend. I know the Church is true and I know that we are all sons and daughters to a VERY loving Heavenly Father. I hope that all of us have a good week. I pray that all of us may hold fast to the faith. Until next week!! :)


Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment