Monday, September 5, 2011

Can you feel it... wooo hoooooo!! This week's gonna be a good week!!


Äldste Maxwell and one of our Swedish Feasts!! Mmmmm!


Me and my worst enemy.. or, I guess, my best friend?? haha :)

Hej Familj!!!

Well as you may probably figure out from the subject line (Black Eyed Peas reference) I am feeling much better!!! I am sure you are all wondering about the health aspect more than anything so I will start with that. I was without feeling until the night of Saturday, September the 3rd. I realized that I was able to somewhat feel my arm! I was unbelievably happy! That next morning (the 4th) I was feeling even better, and able to feel more. It has progressively become better and better! I feel near 100%! Thank you soooo much for all of your prayers and thoughts and love! I know that the Lord was watching over me and continues at this very moment.

As for the new area and companion... incredible!!! Linköping is a great city! It is very big, but it really doesn't feel like it. We have no car and use our BIKES every single day! My rear-end is very upset with me now and has been since we got here. The bike seats are not the best out on the market. haha (especially with how much time we spend on them!) What I love most about the bikes is that when we head into town from our apartment we ride along one of the MANY bike paths and this particular one stretches along a river/stream in the middle of a forest in the middle of the city! It is so awesome! I need to figure out a way to take a video of it! It feels like I am flying by a rushing waterfall... mists and everything! Not to mention that there is a waterfall towards the end of the path!

The apartment is sick! We have TWO bathrooms and two bedrooms, a very large living room, dining room and a modest kitchen. Lets not leave out the walk-in closet and countless closets! It is a real gem! (life is hard in the Sweden Stockholm Mission.... bahaha!!!)

Sunday was fantastic! We went to church and met all of the members. They were so happy to meet the two mew missionaries. Very loving, very helpful people! We were invited to a few dinners and shown a very warm welcome! It will be a great time here in Linköping!

Okay, now about my awesome companion! His name is Äldste Austin Maxwell and he comes from... well Oregon is where he grew up, but his family just recently moved to New York State. He went to BYU for a semester before his mission and plans on returning to study engineering. He is a rock climber at heart and loves to have fun while working hard! That is very good!! Wooo! We have had so much fun together these past few days, it is awesome! One of our favorite meals is a traditional Swedish meal... Meatballs, potatoes, gravy, lingon sylt, vegetables of some kind... normally broccoli and rolls! It is awesome! Äldste Maxwell also likes fruit smoothies... haha I am in Heaven! :)

Anyway, I hope that everything is going well for you all back home!! I want to send a big Thank You to Mom for the recent packages I have been receiving! I have received two so far, and the office called today to inform me that I have another on its way. I am not sure who that one is from, but thank you!!!! Goodies and love from home are soooo great! :)

Lets see... what else.. Oh! Dad. Cancun? Are you serious? What do you think you are doing?! It is MY TURN and you know that! hahaha I am just kidding, but I am still wondering when my time will come... I guess time will tell!

I was very sad when I read about Bro. Carroll... He was a good man. I hope the family is doing okay. My prayers and thoughts are with them!

Okay let me get a Spiritual Thought in here.... (Just so you know right as I was about to type this thought Äldste Maxwell and I started bouncing in our computer chairs to the song that was playing... haha just a look into what is going on right now..) ;) haha!!! I just recently watched an old church film entitled "the award". It was in black and white and quite corny, but very good! The main message was about how we should treat everyone as we would like to be treated. We cannot judge those around us before we love them. There is good in every person. We just need to find it before we allow ourselves to find anything else. The movie was a good reminder to me of the godlike natures found within each and every one of us. It is there. Waiting to shine!!!! :) If you can find it... watch it.. It is a good movie!

Okay, well I am going to get going! I love you all soooo very much! I am doing great and looking forward to the awesome week ahead! You are in my prayers as I know I have been in yours. Family is great! :)

Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment