Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New Area.. New Companion.. New EVERYTHING!!

Hej Familj!!

Well welcome to my VERY SHORT P-Day! haha I only have a little bit of time because we need to go catch a train. As you have guessed, I am being transfered! Crazy! My new area is called Skövde, and my new companion is Äldste Watts. Just so you know I will be re-opening the area of Skövde for missionary work. It has been closed for a while, and the Branch President there has requested missionaries because apparently they have been having investigators coming.. It will be a LOT of work getting the area set up. I must be honest with you all, I am a little nervous. I have no-idea what to expect or what to even think about! Just as I get comfortable and fall in love with Växjö they tear me away from it and ship me off to a new place. haha Can you tell that I am a little bummed? It is really hard to leave this place. I remember coming into Växjö and praying for the day when I could go somewhere else... Now, I would love nothing more than to stay here a few more transfers... However, I know that the Lord needs me in Skövde. There is a reason that I was called to re-open the area and get things going. I just hope that I can handle the stresses and get the job done right! I want to leave Skövde the same way I am leaving Växjö... dragged by my Mr. Mac neck-tie!! haha :) Anyway, as for Äldste Bracken, he is staying here in Växjö, training a greenie, and becoming the district leader!! haha Amazing right! We were both taken by suprise! We figured that he would stay and possibly train, but a DL!! Awesome! He is going to do amazing things and I am really going to miss him. He has taught me a lot and we have had some really fun times together. I hope that we can meet again in the future! Okay, here is a pretty cool story... We really wanted to see a baptism this transfer, but it just wasn't happening. We just figured that it was the Lord's will and that it would possibly happen next transfer... Oh how we were wrong! Our motto, which I believe I shared with you earlier is, "Växjö - Expect the Unexpected!" haha What happened was definitely unexpected! There is a family that lives about a 10 minute train ride to the west of Växjö who moved here a while ago. They have a daughter who is 10 years old and is not a member of the church. One day, while I was gone on splits in Kristianstad, Äldste Bracken and Äldste Cluff went to teach her and the family. The mother asked Äldste Bracken, "what does one need to do to be baptised?" (As she pointed to her daughter, Stephanie). Äldste Bracken asked Stephanie if she wanted to be baptized and she replied, yes! haha Crazy! Here is the REALLY crazy part... She wanted to be baptized this upcoming Saturday so her Grandmother could be there! haha So, over the past week or so we have gone over every day and taught her everything she needs to know... Then transfer calls came, and I found out I wasn't going to be able to see it.. :( And to make it worse, the night we got the call we went over to teach and I told them that I was not going to be able to be there.. Stephanie was pretty bummed. :( It broke my heart! As we were leaving and saying our "goodbye's" Stephanie came running up and gave me a big hug. I had to fight the tears big time......... It was sooo hard to leave. She would not let go for a solid two minutes and that killed me inside. She is an amazing little girl and has sooo much faith! I can't wait to hear all about the baptism and her continued growth in the church.. :) When I asked the Lord to bless me with the ability to love the people, I had no idea how hard it would be to leave them all. Well family, I will get to the e-mails, but it will be quite short I only have a few more minutes! First we have Dad! I love you so much! You are very right about me wishing you could all see what I can see! It is amazing, and I love every bit of it! I was glad to hear that the house is finally ready to be handed over so you can focus on other things and take a well deserved break! :) Also, thank you for your kind words.. I definitely needed them this week! I love you Dad! :) Okay now to Mom! I love you so much! Haha, I was going to ask about the Moose you sent.. He is safely packed in my bags, but I am not sure how long he will continue to travel with me.. Maybe I will mail him home in a box with some other stuff I need to get back home! :) Haha Thank you for sending off my Birthday Box!! :) haha I am really excited to get it! My new area of Skövde is in the Göteborg Zone so that means my Zone Conference will be on the 12th of October!! haha Perfect! :) I love how things work out! Okay, YEAH!! General Conference is this weekend! How exciting is that! I am pumped beyond belief! General Conference is feeling like Christmas to me! I can't wait to hear those familiar voices! The times for us are 6 on Saturday, and 2 and 6 on Sunday! haha Crazy! :) So yes, I am excited! I am also excited that you get to go spend some time in Utah!! Jealous! Have fun there and take a nice break from all of your hard work! Thank you for telling me about Annie! I will be sure and start praying for her today! I hope all goes well. Also, thank you for taking care of me! I am good right now, but if I ever need anything I will let you know! :) I love you Mom! Okay, now to Matt!!! I love you so much! You were stuck in the SLC Airport?? No, I did not hear! Please, do tell!!! haha It sounds like you are working hard catching up on your school work! Keep it up! It is worth it! Also, how was your trip to Provo?!?! I didn't hear about that! :) Homecoming sounds like it is pretty fun! I remember those days very well! haha goooood times! :) OH wow Matt!! I loved what you said about "You can let the small things get you down".. How amazing is that Matt!! Thank you so much for that... :) Okay, well I love you Matt!!!! Well family, I really need to get going! We have to catch the train and get me outta here... :( lol :) I love you all very much! I don't have time for the Spiritual Thought, but I want you all to take this quote to heart... It is originally from one of the old church commercials... It is, "When everything says you can't... BELIEVE in the part of you that says you can!" This has helped me in amazing ways! I love you all and pray for you daily! I will be able to write again this Monday... from Skövde!!!! :) Woo!! :)

Trogen och Stadig, Är Jag Redo!!!!!
Faithful and Steady, I AM Ready!!!!!

Äldste Kundis :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment